Four Jobs I’ve had
1. 1994 – 1996: page at the country’s very first public library. I started on my 14th birthday, and the job basically entailed putting books away after people had returned them. I spent a lot of time laughing about the fact that i was a page at the library. I also spent a lot of time buried in the stacks on the top floor (ie, the “makeout room”) reading erotic fiction and indie comics.
2. 1997 – 1999 (summers): banquet waitress. I spent a lot of time getting hit on by old men. I also made a lot of money in cocktail tips and often could be found by the function bar trying to scam booze off the biker-chick bartender. Usually I got shirley temples. I met a cute younger boy and we would hang out by the dumpsters smoking cigarettes and planning how to steal all the whipped cream canisters.
3. 1998, 1999: worker in dining hall cafeteria. They liked to put me out front making eggs or waffles on the Friday and Saturday morning breakfast shifts. Even during my senior year, people still knew me at “the waffle girl”. During this time, I also acquired my first stalker, who happened to be deaf, and would call me at my parents’ house over my school breaks and totally freaked me out.
4. 1999 – 2002: waitress in various establishments, my favorite being a family-run Italian joint in East Syracuse, NY, my least favorite being a four-star Italian Bistro in Back Bay. I loved waitressing, I still love waitressing, and often have fantasies that one day I’ll return to that true calling. Then I think of how I always smelled o parmesan and tomato paste and I begin to have second thoughts.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Apocalypse Now (my dad started me young on 70s cinema)
2. Mean Girls (great for hangovers)
4. you know, I don’t really like to watch movies over and over again. Who does that?
Four Places I Have Lived
1. Franklin, MA
2. Chestnut Hill, MA
3. Syracuse, Ny
4. West Newton, MA
Four TV Shows I Love (worth mentioning that I do not currently have, nor have I ever had, cable. So suck it.)
1. Six Feet Under
2. Sex and the City
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. My So-Called Life (OH JARED LETO!!!)
Four Places I Have Vacationed
2. Key West
3. San Fransisco
Four of My Favorite Dishes
1. Vodka and Soda Water
3. Hitachino Nest Beer
4. Oh – wait – this was supposed to be about food? like, FOOD food? oh. well then, it’s really quite mood-dependent and too volatile to go into here.
Four Sites I Visit Daily
1-4. see my sidebar. I have a lot of time on my hands.
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
1. Reading a trashy novel on the beach
2. Reading the label at the bottom of a bottle of Belvedere
3. Reading highbrow magazines at a cafe
4. being waited on hand and foot by a bevy of nubile young women, watching doves alight and sipping champagne. Or something.
Four bitches that done got tagged by me.
Leave a Reply